If you’re looking for a somewhat ‘updated’ texture pack without altering the overall classic or vanilla Minecraft look too much, then we’ve got the texture pack for you.
Introducing the ModernHD pack – Giving the default texture a much-deserved overhaul, all of the building blocks will now look uniform, clean and noticeably more defined as natural blocks such as wood and stone also receive a much better realistic presentation and texture.
Fixtures had been modernized as well; chests will look like drawers, noteblocks and jukebox will now look like speakers, giving you more creative reign to design your modern architecture-themed structures!
The glass textures had also received a nice overhaul, they’re now transparent allowing for a myriad of creative creations such as when combined with aquatics to create beautiful aquariums and or other objects to better display them.
The game’s interface is also updated to a sleeker, modern style. The only thing that remains unaffected by this texture pack would be the mobs and creatures as this texture pack is mostly for the structures and building.
This pack also allows the addition and use of custom shaders along with it to give you more styling and designing possibilities.
How to install:
NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Modern HD texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click “Options”.
- On the options menu, click “Resource Packs…”.
- Click on “Open Resource Pack Folder”. – folder titled “resourcepacks” will pop up.
- Move the zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened “resourcepacks” folder.
- Click “Done”.
- Click on “Resource Packs…” again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right
- Click “Done” again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!